Virtual Speaker’s Edge January 10-15, 2021
On behalf of the Lott Leadership Institute, The School of Business Administration, The Patterson School of Accountancy, the Robert Khayat School of Law and Strategic Arts and Sciences of Eugene, Oregon, we send you greetings from The University of Mississippi! This email serves to request your assistance as a judge for the 2021 Speaker’s Edge Virtual Competition. The spoken word remains a critical skill in any industry – this year, we have the opportunity to embrace our circumstances, challenge and grow our students and maximize the judging experience through a virtual format. You can find out more information about the events by viewing this one page information document.
Here is how it will work:
- You choose which event(s) you are willing to judge when you register to judge by clicking this link:
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your time commitment.
- January 4-13, students spend remote time with instructors and coaches preparing three events for recording.
- Beginning January 10, judges are contacted with a link taking them to FTN (forensicstournament.net) where they will access the video recordings and a ballot.
- Judges will have 24 hours to view six videos, rank them 1-6, provide some guided feedback and submit the ballot for tabulation.
- We will have a live, video streamed final round of competition on Friday, January 15.
We are proud to have Danny Cantrell and Forensics Tournament.net as our corporate sponsor this year. FTN is providing the technology to house the competition videos, deliver them to you via email, receive your ballots, tabulate the scores and determine our final round competitors.
Schedule for Final Rounds January 15.
8:30am (CST) Draw for Ethical Dilemmas Final Round 9:00am (CST) Ethical Dilemmas Final Round 11:00am (CST) Market Place Pitch Final Round 1:00pm (CST) Team Pitch Final Round 3:30pm (CST) Awards Ceremony
Once you are registered as a judge, new and evolving information will be provided via your registered email. We will provide judges’ video training, a zoom information Q & A for those in need of it and a talented group of tech support trouble-shooters.
We hope you will join us and invite a friend or colleague!
Speaker’s Edge Founding Partners: